In an effort to expand the wall storage options for all my gear, I finally managed to extend the pipe shelving all the way to the wall! This doubled the amount of shelving I have to keep organized and keep more gear off the ground. I needed 2 more Swiss Brackets from Rogue, 2 more 2 x 6 Stringers (Doug Fir) cut to 10", 6 3/8th's x 5" long stainless steel lag screws and washers, and 4 black steel 10 foot long schedule 40 pipe from the hardware store. Check out the photos below :)
There are a lot of different ways to put something like this together but I'll show pics of how I did it this time
Ratchet and socket set
Impact Wrench and Impact Sockets
Drill and Drill Bits
1. Check where the wall studs are
1. Cut Stringers to 10"
2. Trace holes for brackets, drill pilot holes for lag screws
3. Partially screw in brackets in with lag bolts
4. Run Pipe through brackets, find where the bracket wants so sit on the wall relative to height, check if it's level, adjust as necessary, mark spots to drill for lag screws
5. Drill pilot holes for lag screws in the studs
6. Torque down brackets to the wall
7. Cut pipe to appropriate length
8. Install pipe through the brackets
9. Attach fasteners around pipe to secure pipes.
Strength & Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer - Fitness Equipment Reviews - Garage Gym Owner - Fitness Apparel Reviews - Supplement Reviews -